Sunday, January 29, 2012

earning my ears

today was absolutely freezing! i mean obviously not like snow and ponds freezing over, but compared to home, my body was in a state. i was shivering basically the whole day. my fingers were nearly frozen! the weather up here is so off and on.

today, work was a little bit different. the first half of the day was training again, and the second half was the first time i'd be assigned to go on stage by myself. training was good; it consisted of my favourite trainer filling in the gaps and reiterating a couple little things that i wasn't too sure about. one of the things was counting change the disney way. so what the trainer did, was she got a play register and play money and we practiced. it sounds silly, but it really works! i got accustomed to the very silly method quickly.

after lunch, we were on our own. i thought i would have been much more nervous than i really was; i actually felt quite confident. my first task was to greet guests in uptown jeweller's, which is the snazziest store on main street - it sells some of the most expensive things in magic kingdom. within fifteen minutes of me being on stage, one of my managers (out of plenty,) came up to me. i was so scared and thoughts of what i could have possibly done were spinning around my mind. however, she came to me and told me that a group of five guests came up to her and complimented my excellent customer care and service and that they were so impressed with me. i was so shocked - clearly in a good way! that kept me motivated to keep that smile on my face til the end of my shift, despite how exhausted i was.

i fell asleep on the bus on the way home - again. (this happens much more often than one would think.) when i got home, i got news that our new roommate has arrived, and that she's from japan. i haven't met her yet but i'm so excited to do so!

i am so excited to have the day off tomorrow. a day to sleep in a little bit is what i'm talking about! "have a magical night everybody!" lots and lots and lots and LOTS of love from the freezing (to me) disney!

No comments:

Post a Comment