Thursday, January 26, 2012

adventure?

today was relaxing and exhilerating all at the same time. i woke up at a decent time, a couple hours after the sun rose, which feels like a miracle at this point! i got up just in time to get a call from nan from home. it was so nice to hear her voice and to get a few little updates from home and just to chat to her. i usually would go visit her and pa AT LEAST twice a week, so i miss doing that. (not as much as i miss messing up pa's hair!) afterwards, i took my time getting ready, and then a few of us girls went to animal kingdom around two. it was quite late so we didn't get to see any animals, but we took pictures with a few characters (including pooh again!!) and did two roller coasters. animal kingdom actually closes around five, so we left just then after eating a super late lunch at like four!

after we were going to go to walmart because we needed some groceries, and we were just sitting at the bus stop, patiently waiting, to then realize that it was thursday, and that specific bus stops running at five! so we walked over to walgreens to pick up the necesities. included in my shopping, was a case of water. i buy water up here because of two reasons, a) i don't like how water from the tap tastes, and b) it's so cheap to buy water up here! so why not, right? i also had to buy a couple other heavy things, like milk. walking back with all that stuff was a struggle. i finally get upstairs to my room, just as my shoulders are about to pop off, and i can't find my key. i knocked on the door; and i knocked and i knocked and i knocked... no one was home. so i had to go to my friend's apartment next door to use the phone and just to put the stuff down. so i go over there, and knock on his door. he comes to the door, but it turns out he was sleeping and i woke him up! i felt so bad. anyways, i get inside his apartment and go to use his phone to call home just in case someone was home and they didn't hear me knocking. no answer, again. so then i start digging through my bag, which has in a thousand things, because every day i just magically seem to find more stuff to shove in there. i pretty much empty my bag, and my key appeared! it just so happened that i didn't put the key in the regular pocket in my bag and i just threw it in, so obviously it went straight to the bottom beneath the endless amount of unnecessary things i have in there. it made me feel even worse that i found my key, because i woke my friend up for no reason! so i decide to go back to my room, and i'm walking over, struggling and turning red because this stuff is so heavy (and you know me and my unfortunate over-white and over-sensitive skin, i turn red so easily!) at that point another friend of mine saw me struggling and he offered to help me take the stuff inside. so we're just inside chatting and then niza comes out of our bedroom... she was inside fast asleep and i woke her up too! i woke up two people in under seven minutes. i felt terrible (even though i think it's kinda funny!)

after, a bunch of us decided to go in the pool (well the hot tub, because the pool is absolutely freezing!) i wasn't going to go in, so i didn't change into my swimsuit, and i was just sitting on the edge with my feet hanging in. after a while, everyone convinced me to come in, so i ended up going in in my clothes! now, how do i know that the pool was freezing? we went in. it was so cold, that it felt like needles pricking every last spot on your skin. so clearly we spent the majority of the time in the hot tub. then we decided to go back to walgreens to get some drinks (non-alcoholic of course, duh) so we all had to go back to our rooms to get our IDs and money and whatnot. i changed at home and went and put all my wet things in the dryer. (so responsible, i know.) now i just decided to take my bag with me, because i had quite a lot to carry, including a towel. so we go to walgreens, get what we need to get, and then the boys decided they were hungry so we went to wendys so they could get food. at wendys, i realized i left my towel at walgreens when i had to take my wallet out of my bag! i was 97% sure that i had put it in my bag before i left home. so we had to walk BACK to walgreens to get the towel.. the cashier didn't see it and told me to check the manager. so i went and asked the manager and he said he needed to deal with some prior customers before me first and then he would go look for it. i told him not to bother because it was probably at home. so we left, and went back in the hot tub. we spent over five hours in the hot tub, just chilling out and chatting. we even made a plan to go to magic kingdom tomorrow. i know i've been there already but i don't mind! no one else has and i'm in love with that place!

walking back home, i shivered the whole way - it was so cold! and i just got home, and it's nearly 2am. today was a good day. i kept busy and had a great time. still missing the loves of my life- the fam, all my friends, and of course, jen, fred & kit!

p.s. my towel was sitting on my bed, right where i left it.

No comments:

Post a Comment