Sunday, March 25, 2012

homesick?

i miss barbados terribly. people assure me, "don't worry, you're not missing much. barbados is boring." while that may be true, barbados is full of all the people i love. barbados consists of things i am accustomed to. i am definitely beginning to feel homesick. i don't know why, because i still love everything up here! i love my friends, my work, my classes, i love everything, so i don't know why i am feeling so homesick! however, this week and next week will be lovely because i have family coming on both weeks! while it'll only be a couple days i get to see them, it's going to be so wonderful having some familiar faces and i am so excited to spend time with people i truly love and miss every single day. i even haven't been sleeping properly. my bed up here is nothing compared to my bed at home. i have been waking up every night for the past few nights, unable to get comfortable. i don't know if i'm just feeling anxious about still not knowing yet when i am changing over roles or where i'm going, when many of my friends have gotten their deployment papers, telling them what their new role will be and when they're changing over. i'm still waiting for mine. i'm so content where i am, i really don't want to leave. but i know how beneficial for me it will be to say that i have had two roles at walt disney world. i've been here for nearly three months now and while i've done so much, i feel like i haven't done enough! i want to do so much more and fully experience everything that i have waiting for me in the palm of my hand. i definitely need to start taking more advantage of all that i am able to do here.

i have a project and presentation due on wednesday.  of course i kept procrastinating, and i am yet to start. i was going to do it tonight, but i have found better things to do, like write my blog, and spend endless time on imgfave and wanelo (really time-wasting websites, you should check them out, especially if you're a girl, you'll love them.) so then i decided i'll start it tomorrow, among some other chores i have to do, and i completely forgot i have a class tomorrow! thank god i remembered or i would have slept through the whole thing! 

anyways, it is time for me to go downstairs and take my clothes out of the washing machine and put them in the dryer. it's times like these that i really miss mayfield. mum, make sure and tell her that i miss her! i hope everyone continues to be safe and healthy and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment