Tuesday, March 6, 2012

confessions of a shopaholic

being up here has turned me into a real girl. before i came here, shopping was never an issue for me. yeah, i wanted stuff like clothes and bags, but it wasn't a big deal. up here, i always have the urge to go to the mall. i have spent the latter part of today looking at websites of all my favourite stores and i found myself having to close the windows when i see things i really "need," so i don't spend money. although, if i think it's a really amazing deal, like i have a time or two, i will end up ordering it. i just ordered a bag. i'm not even upset - i cannot wait until it arrives. there are a lot of clothes that i see that i love, but i figure i should do the responsible thing, and wait until i go the mall, so i can try them on to make sure i like them. because, many times, i go into the stores, and i try on tons of clothes and don't end up getting a quarter of them! but it's so easy up here to spend money! my roommates and i agreed that we are not going to the mall until, like, three weeks from now. but being sick, i have been in the house all day long, while everyone was at work, or playing. estoy muy aburida. i am so bored. so, so bored. so i just decided to "window shop" online. i decided to do a quick, little blog to distract myself from the websites, and to warn whoever wants to do this - it is so tempting to shop twenty-four/seven up here. my roomates and i are having a hard time understanding what will happen when we go back to our home countries and the outlet isn't walking distance from one of the disney housing complexes. i am definitely going to have to pick up some extra shifts if i decide to continue on the way i am! but i probably should decide otherwise. i know my mother is probably going to quarrel with me since i told her i had no money and had to use the emergency credit card to buy medicine today. but i figure, i am her first born child, and i am sick and she's not even here to take care of me. i had to walk to walgreens by myself and buy medicine by myself and had to remember to take it at the right time by myself, so the least she could do was buy my medicine for me, right? i think so. and i think i deserved to buy myself a little treat with my own hard-earned money. i feel better already!

No comments:

Post a Comment