Sunday, February 12, 2012

handwarmers?

well. let me just say, that i normally like working the outdoor shifts, because there are always so many people and it's so much fun. however. this morning, when i saw my first assignment was the east train cart (outside) i wanted to cry. today was FREEZING cold! i don't know the exact temperature, but it was so, so, so cold. and still is. before work, i had to head over to costuming to get a coat that goes with my costume, because my sweater (which is about the extent of my warm clothes besides my scarf and boots) was not cutting it. even when i got to work, i had to use hand warmers (which are little packs that you put inside your pockets (along with your hands,) to try to keep warm.) i was so cold all day long, it was the coldest weather i've ever been in. many guests told me they came here to get away from the cold but that they're pretty sure their home towns are warmer than here right now. my fingers and brain were both disfunctional and that was quite a challenge when i was trying to rush when there were a lot of guests to deal with.

tomorrow i get to sleep in, but i am dreading this week, as i mentioned before. i'm working til all hours of the morning every night i am scheduled to work this week, and next week (which i just got my schedule for.) ew. i know.

today was good, besides the weather. i have finally decided that i don't need to see snow as badly as i thought i wanted to. that can definitely wait a while. i got home and things seem to be just going wrong, with a lot of mishaps transpiring, but i know everything will go back to happy and joyful soon.

hope everybody's well and smiling.



i already published this blog tonight, but had to update it. something so special just happened, and made my day all okay again. the two maria joses came home and one of them told me they bought rings that they want them, niza and i to have. when i tried it on, i felt to cry. it was almost identical to the ring that my dad bought for me on our trip to disney when i was six. the ring he bought me was gold in colour, with mickey in my birthstone. this ring is just the same except silver (which i more wear with just a white diamond mickey.) i am so happy about this, it was such a sentimental moment, and now is something that has so much value to me. i am so, so, so happy. one of the VERY few things i remember from disney when i was little is now right in front my eyes (or right on my finger.) i miss and love you dad! (and mum too, don't feel left out or inferior!) <3

No comments:

Post a Comment