Thursday, February 9, 2012

confectionery

today i worked in the confectionery (the candy store.) i wasn't exactly too sure how i felt about working there prior to today, because half the people who've worked in there hate it, and the other half adore it. but as usual with everything so far up here, i went with an open mind. i felt absolutely gorgeous in the beautiful yellow costume, with black shoes and a floppy pancake hat (yes, with a hairnet underneath.) it's really my best look. when i get to work, my first assignment was 'bulk counter.' this means that i had to help serve guests who wanted to buy the freshly made/baked items. the bulk counter is always especially busy. it felt like i was only working for a couple minutes, when someone bumped me out and told me it was time for my break.

at break, i had to buy dinner. i was so upset. today, i had made dinner to take and it was so healthy too, i was so proud of myself. while i was walking to the bus, i kept feeling like i was forgetting something, but i had no idea what it was. when i got on the bus, one of my roommates messaged me to tell me i forgot it, but it was too late. oh well, now i'm super prepared for tomorrow!

after break i was just working a register, which was also significantly busy. time just flies working in the confectionery. i was so happy the whole time i was working today, because people of all ages are so amazed and fascinated by what they are purchasing and they have the biggest smiles on their faces. i had my first "bad" guest today, who was anything but pleasant, but even she didn't get me offset.

the best part of my night though, was my last guest i was serving, who just happened to be the best looking guy i have ever seen. that really was the cherry on top of the cake. but just after that, i got my bump-out and it was time to head home. i get to the bus stop, waiting for the bus to take me home and EXACTLY the same thing that happened on monay (when there was what felt like eight million people and not enough buses or room on the buses that did end up coming) happened again, except my life wasn't saved by a friend with a car who happened to be working a late shift; i waited for nearly two hours for a bus (that i could actually get on) to come. i was pretty mad, but still, i was so thankful to sit down on the bus and just listen to my ipod. and i'm even more thankful now that i am in my bed safe and sound, and can finally go to sleep.

tomorrow i work in the confectionery again, so i'm quite excited, now that i know i like it. i hope we don't have a repeat of the bus scenario again, but it really wouldn't be the end of the world. i hope everyone spent their day with a smile on their face! lots of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment