Wednesday, July 11, 2012

last day

yesterday was the day of many "lasts." it was my last day of work here at disney and although i almost held it together, i broke halfway through my day and realized how much i really am going to miss everything. i heard the three o'clock parade coming by, so i went outside to watch it... and realized it was my last time seeing it. i was being strong, right up until the last float. then a couple hours later, i got handed my last bumpout (which is a piece of paper that the person taking over your assignment gives you, that tells you to go and clock out.) that hit me hard. but definitely not as hard as clocking out for the last time. having to say goodbye to my new friends and family was difficult. not knowing when i'm going to see anyone again is overwhelming because i've grown to love them all dearly.

after work i got my last home cooked meal (out of barely any) since i've been here. my last mexican meal (which is what all my home cooked meals consisted of.) afterwards we were all just liming together. just sitting together on the couch, in quiet conversatoin, simply just enjoying each others company. and it was perfect. i still can't wrap my head around the fact that i only have two days. bleh.

1 comment:

  1. The intensity of your sadness is just a manifestation of how amazing your experience in Disney has been and how blessed you are to have made such great friends. Bitter sweet, I know, but lucky you for having all of this in your life. xx

    ReplyDelete